Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
- Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see www.salemchoralsociety.comor contact director Reed Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instruction available.
- Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15-1:15 p.m. for lunch, cafeteria in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center, first floor. Guests welcome.
- Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30-9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
Salem Rotary Club meets at noon for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
Salem Farmers Market, 9:30 a.m. until noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, artisan breads, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
FRIDAY, JULY 14
*Bring a blanket and chairs and enjoy a movie under the stars!! Come to Longwood Park about 7 p.m. for a viewing of Finding Dory. The first 50 families will receive a free bag of popcorn from Frito Lay.
*From 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Salem Terrace is hosting all Salem Roanoke Co. Fire/EMS/Law Enforcement to an eat-in or take-out breakfast as a thank you for all they do.
SUNDAY, JULY 16
League of Women Voters Roanoke Valley General Membership meeting. The League of Women Voters Roanoke Valley is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging the informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
JULY 17 – 21
First United Methodist Church invites all children ages pre-k 4 – 5th grade to our Vacation Bible School from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Discovering God’s Stories! Children who have finished the third, fourth and fifth grade will be traveling all week through the community discovering how people serve. You may register at the church or call Tricia Givens at # 389-5459 ext. 15 and register by phone. Come enjoy snacks, music, crafts, games, bible stories, drama and even ice cream!!!!