FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAYS
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
Paint Bank Ladies Auxiliary meeting, 7:00 p.m. at the Paint Bank Fire Department. Contact 540-897-5346 for more information.
Salem TRIAD (S.A.L.T.) Council (Seniors and Law Enforcement Together) is a group working through the Office of the Attorney General, Salem Police Department and Senior Facilities (Salem Senior Center). The goal is to reduce the fear of crimes and victimization among seniors by increasing awareness of scams and frauds targeting them, strengthening communication between law enforcement and the senior community and educating seniors on local and state resources that are available in their area. A different topic for senior safety and information is covered every month with excellent speakers and presentations.
- Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see www.salemchoralsociety.com or contact director Reed Carter at email@example.com.
- Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instructions are available.
- Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. for lunch in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center cafeteria, first floor. Guests welcome.
- Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
(*)All ages are welcome to TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) at 5:15 p.m. at the Salem Senior Center. For more information, call Judy at 540-312-7105.
Salem Rotary Club meets at noon for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
Salem Farmers Market, 9:30 a.m. to noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, pieces of artisan bread, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2
Santa Claus will be making his rounds on Roanoke County Tower 9. If you have a shut-in or sick child contact Mike Glass at 540-798-7656 and the Fort Lewis Volunteer Fire Department will try to get Santa to them.