FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAYS
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
- Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see www.salemchoralsociety.comor contact director Reed Carter at email@example.com.
- Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instruction available.
- Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15-1:15 p.m. for lunch, cafeteria in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center, first floor. Guests welcome.
- Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30-9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
Salem Rotary Club meets at noon for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
Salem Farmers Market, 9:30 a.m. until noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, artisan breads, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 3
Public forum to discuss redevelopment plans for the former West Salem Body Shop. All are welcomed to attend. From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at 8 West Main Street.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 4
*Parkway Downtown featuring Seph Custer and The Papa Tomband. Food and beverages will be available courtesy of Parkway Brewing Co. and Pomegranate Restaurant. Salem Public Library Lawn on Main Street from 5 to 8 p.m.
*The Salem VA Medical Center (VAMC) and Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) will host the next Veterans Town Hall and listening session at 2:00 p.m. in the Salem VAMC Auditorium (Building 5). The event is scheduled to last for one hour
SATURDAY, AUGUST 12
The Andrew Lewis High School Class of 1955 will hold their 62nd reunion at 10 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall of Salem Presbyterian Church, at the corner of Main and Market Streets, Salem, VA. Classmates can contact Shelby Grisso for reservation information at 1-540-774-3772, or firstname.lastname@example.org.