FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAYS
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
- Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see www.salemchoralsociety.comor contact director Reed Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instruction available.
- Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15-1:15 p.m. for lunch, cafeteria in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center, first floor. Guests welcome.
- Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30-9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
Salem Rotary Club meets at noon for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
Salem Farmers Market, 9:30 a.m. until noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, artisan breads, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
SATURDAY, JUNE 24
Ghost Hunting 101 class at the Salem Public Library from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. There will be refreshments.
SATURDAY, JULY 8
Come and celebrate Iris Southern’s 95th birthday at The Oaks at The Richfield (Allegany Room). Located at 3706 Knollridge Road in Salem, the celebration will be from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Cake and punch will be served. No gifts please.
SUNDAY, JULY 16
League of Women Voters Roanoke Valley General Membership meeting. The League of Women Voters Roanoke Valley is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging the informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org more information.