all interested persons that the City of Salem Planning Commission, at its regular meeting on August 14, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in Council Chambers of the City Hall, 114 N. Broad Street, in the City of Salem, Virginia, will hold a public hearing, pursuant to Sections 15.2-2204 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, as amended, to consider approval of the following requests relative to the CODE OF THE CITY OF SALEM, VIRGINIA:
- Consider the request of Corbin’s Confections, LLC, contract purchaser, for rezoning the property located at 1618 Roanoke Boulevard (Tax Map # 222-2-4) from HBD Highway Business District with proffered conditions to HBD Highway Business District with amended conditions to allow a restaurant and custom manufacturing for a bakery.
- Consider the request of R. Fralin Companies, Inc, contract purchaser, for rezoning the properties located at 211 Diamond Road and 135 Diamond Road (Tax Map #s 272-2-1 and 273-2-1) from AG Agriculture District / RSF Residential Single Family District to RSF Residential Single Family District.
- Consider the request of R. Fralin Companies, Inc., contract purchaser, for the issuance of a Special Exception Permit to allow Single Family Dwellings, Attached with proffered conditions on the property located at 211 Diamond Road (Tax Map # 272-2-1).
- Consider the request of City of Salem, property owner, for the issuance of a Use Not Provided for Permit to allow the relocation of the Salem Food Pantry to the property located at 915 Union Street (Tax Map #184-8-4).
- Consider the request of Marvin Loyd, Jr., property owner, for the issuance of a Special Exception Permit to allow a 1,286 square foot detached garage on the property located at 208 Northern Trail (Tax Map # 10-1-1.9).
Copies of the proposed plans, ordinances or amendments may be examined in the Office of the City Planner, Community Development, 21 South Bruffey Street, Salem, Virginia.
At said hearing, parties in interest and citizens shall have an opportunity to be heard relative to the said requests.
THE PLANNING COMMISSION OF THE
CITY OF SALEM, VIRGINIA
James E. Taliaferro, II