FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAYS
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
Paint Bank Ladies Auxiliary meeting, 7:00 p.m. at the Paint Bank Fire Department. Contact 540-897-5346 for more information.
• Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see www.salemchoralsociety.com or contact director Reed Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instructions are available.
• Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
• Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. for lunch in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center cafeteria, first floor. Guests welcome.
• Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
●All ages are welcome to TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) at 5:15 p.m. at the Salem Senior Center. For more information, call Judy at 540-312-7105.
Salem TRIAD (S.A.L.T.) Council (Seniors and Law Enforcement Together) is a group working through the Office of the Attorney General, Salem Police Department and Senior Facilities (Salem Senior Center). The goal is to reduce the fear of crimes and victimization among seniors by increasing awareness of scams and frauds targeting them, strengthening communication between law enforcement and the senior community and educating seniors on local and state resources that are available in their area. A different topic for senior safety and information is covered every month with excellent speakers and presentations.
Alzheimer’s /Dementia Caregiver Support Group at 2 p.m. at Salem Terrace at Harrogate.
Salem Rotary Club meets at noon for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
●Salem Farmers Market from 9:30 a.m. to noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, pieces of artisan bread, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
●Beginning yoga class for seniors at Salem Terrace at Harrogate. Contact 540-444-0343 for more information.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17
●Make sure you are present for the Fifth Annual Craft & Vendor Fair. Sponsored by Lambda Chapter of VA Alpha Delta Kappa Teacher Sorority, the free event will be held at Andrew Lewis Middle School from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be food, crafts, door prizes, vendors, candles, jewelry, woodworking and much more! For more information, contact email@example.com.
●Salem Terrace at Harrogate will be showcasing their Dogwood Memory Care Center at 2 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 21
●Wolfhart Haus Dinner Theatre “Smoke on the Mountain.” Departs from Salem Civic Center at 10:15 a.m. The cost is $60.00.
●Come stretch your creative muscles at the Salem High School Art Room from 6 to 9 p.m. as you learn how to form original works of art in clay! All levels of experience are welcome! The class covers wheel throwing, hand building and sculpture techniques. The cost is $100. Imagination and creativity are encouraged! Ages 16 and above are welcome!
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28
Richfield 2018 Educational Series. Scams & Identity Theft with Shannon Abell from LOA Area Agency on Aging. The sessions will take place in the Alleghany Room at The Oaks, and a light lunch will be served. Please RSVP to Scotti Hartman, 540-380-6555.
MARCH 2 – MARCH 4
InStill Mindfulness SWVA is a nonprofit committed to instilling mindfulness throughout Southwest Virginia, through education and outreach. From Friday (3/2) through Sunday (3/4), a Self-Care through Mindfulness Weekend Retreat at Alta Mons in Shawsville will be held. Contact 540-227-6377 for more information.
FRIDAY, MARCH 7
At 7 p.m., a support group for parents against eating disorders will occur in the Salem Public Library. Contact 740-350-4006 for more information.