FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAYS
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
Paint Bank Ladies Auxiliary meeting, 7:00 p.m. at the Paint Bank Fire Department. Contact 540-897-5346 for more information.
- Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see HYPERLINK “http://www.salemchoralsociety.com/” \t “_blank” Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.contact director Reed Carter at HYPERLINK “mailto:[email protected]” [email protected].
- Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instructions are available.
- Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. for lunch in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center cafeteria, first floor. Guests welcome.
- Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
- All ages are welcome to TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) at 5:15 p.m. at the Salem Senior Center. For more information, call Judy at 540-312-7105.
Salem TRIAD (S.A.L.T.) Council (Seniors and Law Enforcement Together) is a group working through the Office of the Attorney General, Salem Police Department and Senior Facilities (Salem Senior Center). The goal is to reduce the fear of crimes and victimization among seniors by increasing awareness of scams and frauds targeting them, strengthening communication between law enforcement and the senior community and educating seniors on local and state resources that are available in their area. A different topic for senior safety and information is covered every month with excellent speakers and presentations.
Alzheimer’s /Dementia Caregiver Support Group at 2 p.m. at Salem Terrace at Harrogate.
- Salem Rotary Club meets at noon for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Catawba Valley Farmers Market open 3:30 to 7:00 p.m., May 10 to October 18, rain or shine. Local produce, meats, eggs, baked goods, plants, crafts and more. Music and educational displays on occasion. Located at Catawba Community Center, 4965 Catawba Creek Road (Rt. 779) in Catawba. Follow us on Facebook for weekly newsletter, updates and more. Handicap accessible, playground, restrooms.
- Salem Farmers Market from 9:30 a.m. to noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, pieces of artisan bread, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
- Beginning yoga class for seniors at Salem Terrace at Harrogate. Contact 540-444-0343 for more information.
THURSDAY, JUNE 21
Artisans & Crafters Day at Catawba Valley Farmers Market from 3:30 to 7:00 p.m. Additional artisans and crafters with primitive items, copper items, kettle corn, wall hangings, bluebird houses, toys, children’s books, kitchen towels, etc.
SATURDAY, JUNE 23
Come to the Haley Toyota Field, home of the Salem Red Sox, and show support for our local heroes as they raise money for muscular dystrophy. Gates open at 3 pm and the Guns & Hoses game starts thirty minutes later. Sponsored by SERVPRO, all tickets purchased are valid for the Red Sox game as well.
TUESDAY, JUNE 26
A Salem Republican Committee meeting will be held at the Salem Public Library, 28 E Main Street, at 6:00 p.m.