UPCOMING EVENTS IN MARCH
FRIDAY, MARCH 1
Presented by Compassion International, the Casting Crowns ONLY Jesus Tour – with special guests Zack Austin and Austin French – will start at 7 pm at the Salem Civic Center.
SATURDAY, MARCH 2
Fort Lewis Christian Church at 2931 West Main Street will be hosting a Craft & Vendor Fair from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Included will be sausage biscuits, hotdogs with homemade chili, a bake sale and a silent auction. Free admission. Contact 540-380-4636 for more information.
MARCH 2, 9
A multi-age, interactive story time will take place at the Salem Public Library from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
MARCH 6, 27
Described as “stories, songs and playtime for energic twos,” this event will last from 10:30 am to 11:30 am at the Salem Public Library.
MARCH 9 – MARCH 10
Created to host a space for outdoor-activity enthusiasts to gather, shop and learn, the Roanoke Valley Outdoor Show will take place from 10 am to 6 pm on both days.
THURSDAY, MARCH 14
It has been 50 years since Randy Owen, Jeff Cook and Teddy Gentry, left the cotton farms of Fort Payne, Alabama, to spend the summer playing music in a Myrtle Beach, South Carolina bar called The Bowery. They – along with special guests The Oak Ridge Boys – will be performing their fan favorites at the Salem Civic Center. Ticket prices range from $35.00 to $129.50. Contact 540-375-3004 for more information.
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
Paint Bank Ladies Auxiliary meeting, 7:00 p.m. at the Paint Bank Fire Department. Contact 540-897-5346 for more information.
- Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see HYPERLINK “http://www.salemchoralsociety.com/” \t “_blank” Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. contact director Reed Carter at HYPERLINK “mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” email@example.com.
- Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instructions are available.
- Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. for lunch in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center cafeteria, first floor. Guests welcome.
- Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
- Infinity Acres Ranch Fundraiser from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church, located at 321 E. Church Street. Tickets are $8 while children eight and younger can eat for $4. For more information, contact 276-358-2378.
- All ages are welcome to TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) at 5:15 p.m. at the Salem Senior Center. For more information, call Judy at 540-312-7105.
- Overeaters Anonymous (OA) meeting. 7 p.m. at Christ Lutheran Church, located at 2011 Brandon Avenue in Roanoke. Contact 540-293-4065 for more information.
The Southern Cross Chapter 746 of the United Daughters of the Confederacy will hold its monthly meeting at the Salem Historical Museum. Refreshments and social time will begin at 1:30 pm, and the meeting itself begins at 2 pm. For more information, call Sharon Rose at 540-354-9374.
Alzheimer’s /Dementia Caregiver Support Group at 2 p.m. at Salem Terrace at Harrogate.
Roanoke County Woman’s Club meets at 10:30 a.m. in the conference room at College Lutheran Church in Salem. New members are welcome.
- Salem Farmers Market from 9:30 a.m. to noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, pieces of artisan bread, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
- Overeaters Anonymous (OA) meeting. 11 a.m. at Christ Lutheran Church located at 2011 Brandon Avenue in Roanoke. Contact 540-293-4065 for more information.