APRIL 14 – APRIL 16
A revival meeting will be held at Faith Wesleyan located at 4379 Allegheny Drive in Salem. The revival will begin on Sunday at 7:00 p.m. and will be held on Monday and Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. Attendees will have an opportunity to hear from featured speaker Matt Reynolds.
APRIL 19 – APRIL 20
A live performance on the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ will take place from 8 to 10 pm at Sherwood Memorial Park. Presented by Riverside Evangelical Methodist Church, this is the tenth consecutive year of the performance. Seating is first come, first served. There will special accommodations for the disabled.
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
Paint Bank Ladies Auxiliary meeting, 7:00 p.m. at the Paint Bank Fire Department. Contact 540-897-5346 for more information.
- Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see HYPERLINK “http://www.salemchoralsociety.com/” \t “_blank” Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. contact director Reed Carter at HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instructions are available.
- Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. for lunch in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center cafeteria, first floor. Guests welcome.
- Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
- Infinity Acres Ranch Fundraiser from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church, located at 321 E. Church Street. Tickets are $8 while children eight and younger can eat for $4. For more information, contact 276-358-2378.
- All ages are welcome to TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) at 5:15 p.m. at the Salem Senior Center. For more information, call Judy at 540-312-7105.
- Overeaters Anonymous (OA) meeting. 7 p.m. at Christ Lutheran Church, located at 2011 Brandon Avenue in Roanoke. Contact 540-293-4065 for more information.
The Southern Cross Chapter 746 of the United Daughters of the Confederacy will hold its monthly meeting at the Salem Historical Museum. Refreshments and social time will begin at 1:30 pm, and the meeting itself begins at 2 pm. For more information, call Sharon Rose at 540-354-9374.
Alzheimer’s /Dementia Caregiver Support Group at 2 p.m. at Salem Terrace at Harrogate.
Roanoke County Woman’s Club meets at 10:30 a.m. in the conference room at College Lutheran Church in Salem. New members are welcome.
The Salem Senior Center’s Social Club, known as the 49ers Plus Club, originally started the senior program in Salem over 40 years ago. They have different speakers and/or activities practically every week. New members are always welcome to show up at the Salem Senior Center at 11 a.m.
- Salem Farmers Market from 9:30 a.m. to noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, pieces of artisan bread, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
- Overeaters Anonymous (OA) meeting. 11 a.m. at Christ Lutheran Church located at 2011 Brandon Avenue in Roanoke. Contact 540-293-4065 for more information.
THURSDAY, MAY 9
Catawba Valley Farmers Market opens from 3:30 – 7:00 p.m., rain or shine. Meats, produce, baked goods and crafts. See updates on Facebook and on the website – www.catawbafarmersmarket.com. For information on becoming a vendor, contact Ann Harrell, Market Manager, at 540.864.5913 or email@example.com