FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAYS
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
Paint Bank Ladies Auxiliary meeting, 7:00 p.m. at the Paint Bank Fire Department. Contact 540-897-5346 for more information.
• Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see HYPERLINK “http://www.salemchoralsociety.com/” \t “_blank” Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. contact director Reed Carter at HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instructions are available.
• Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
• Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. for lunch in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center cafeteria, first floor. Guests welcome.
• Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
●All ages are welcome to TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) at 5:15 p.m. at the Salem Senior Center. For more information, call Judy at 540-312-7105.
Alzheimer’s /Dementia Caregiver Support Group at 2 p.m. at Salem Terrace at Harrogate.
●Salem Rotary Club meets at noon for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
●Catawba Valley Farmers Market open 3:30 to 7:00 p.m., May 10 to October 18, rain or shine. Local produce, meats, eggs, baked goods, plants, crafts and more. Music and educational displays on occasion. Located at Catawba Community Center, 4965 Catawba Creek Road (Rt. 779) in Catawba. Follow us on Facebook for weekly newsletter, updates and more. Handicap accessible, playground, restrooms.
●Salem Farmers Market from 9:30 a.m. to noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, pieces of artisan bread, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
●Beginning yoga class for seniors at Salem Terrace at Harrogate. Contact 540-444-0343 for more information.
FRIDAY, JULY 13
Whether you are a firefighter, EMS or in law enforcement, Salem Terrace would like to treat you to a nice breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. for all that you do. You can eat or take out. RSVPs are appreciated when you call 540-444-0343.
JULY 13 – JULY 14
A yard sale will be taking place from 8 am to 1 pm at 986 Boulder Lane in Pilot, Virginia. Household items, children’s clothes, toys, clothes, coats, china cabinets, exercise bikes and more will be available for purchase.
FRIDAY, JULY 20
The Salem Terrace Health & Wellness Fair will take place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Blood glucose testing and balance assessments among other resources will be available. The intended schedule is as follows: 1 p.m. – Alzheimer’s Association presentation Love Your Brain, 2 p.m. – Kennedy Health & Wellness presentation Nutrition & Aging and 3 p.m. – Seated Yoga Demo.