FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAYS
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
- Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see www.salemchoralsociety.comor contact director Reed Carter at email@example.com.
- Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instruction available.
- Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15-1:15 p.m. for lunch, cafeteria in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center, first floor. Guests welcome.
- Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30-9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
Salem Rotary Club meets at noon for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
Salem Farmers Market, 9:30 a.m. until noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, artisan breads, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
SATURDAY, JUNE 10
*An inside yard sale for all active military families and veterans with proper military ID. Come shop for FREE household items, clothing, children’s toys, furniture and much and much more! Contact Lynn Thompson (540) 986-0414 for more information.
*Morris Cregger (of Roanoke College’s Board of Trustees) and the owner of The Cregger Company will receive a special award at 6 p.m. from the Salem Foundation at the Class of ’57’s 60th Reunion at the Roanoke Country Club.