Well-deserving of a great name
From the 1938 centennial edition of The Times-Register
Andrew Lewis High School, the Salem institution shown above, was occupied for the first time just five years go. Located at the Corner of College Avenue and Fourth Street, it well deserves the great hero’s name. At present it is nearly 1,200 pupils in enrollment, new students coming in each semester from all section of the county as well as from Salem. Two years ago an additional wing was constructed on the back. At the left above may be seen the auditorium, used for all Salem gatherings, and one of the finest of its kind in the state. A modern gymnasium, cafeteria, laboratories, all make Lewis High a leader in Virginia High School circles.
Leave a Reply