Governor Ralph Northam recently announced additional appointments to his Administration.
Secretariat of Education
Jenna Conway, Chief Deputy, Virginia Department of Education
Jenna Conway has been appointed Chief Deputy at the Virginia Department of Education. Prior to her appointment, Jenna served as the Assistant Superintendent of Early Childhood at the Louisiana Department of Education, where she led a first-of-its-kind effort to unify and improve the state’s child care, Head Start, and pre-kindergarten systems since 2012.
Jenna has also previously held roles as Director of Strategic Planning and Enterprise Program Management at the New York City Housing Authority and Director of Project Management at Ashoka’s Changemakers in Washington, DC. Jenna is a native of Charlottesville and holds a degree in American Studies from Yale University and a Master of Business Administration from Stanford University.
Secretariat of Commerce and Trade
Robby Demeria, Deputy Secretary of Commerce and Trade for Technology
Robby Demeria has been appointed Deputy Secretary of Commerce and Trade for Technology. Prior to his appointment, he served as Executive Director of the Richmond Technology Council, known as RVATECH, a business association in the technology industry representing over 26,000 practitioners and nearly 300 businesses as the voice of technology in the greater Richmond region. He also served as Vice President of Government Affairs for the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce and held legislative positions with former Congressman Jim Moran and Delegate Bob Brink. Robby obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication from George Mason University.
Larry Wilder, Confidential Policy Assistant, Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity
Larry Wilder has been appointed Confidential Policy Assistant for the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity. Prior to his appointment, Larry served as Advisor for Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the Secretariat of Commerce and Trade. He has also held positions in the Office of the Governor, serving as Assistant Secretary of Education and Special Assistant on Reentry Education in the Secretariat of Education. Larry has previously worked in urban development, marketing and finance and as an attorney at the Richmond firm Harrell & Chambliss.
Larry is graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law and the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business, where he received a Master of Business Administration in Finance. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Virginia.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth Board Appointments
Advisory Board on Genetic Counseling
- Lori Swain*of Alexandria, Executive Director, National Cancer Registrars Association
Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Commission
- Lana Sargent, PhD, GNP-BC, FNP-Cof Ashland, VCU Assistant Professor
Aquaculture Advisory Board
- Michael Oesterlingof Gloucester County, Executive Director, Shellfish Growers of Virginia
- Bryan Plemmons*of Goshen, Owner of Casta Line Trout Farms, Goshen, and Virginia Trout Company, Monterey
Board for Barbers and Cosmetology
- Gilda Acosta of Arlington, Artist and Owner, Lady Octopus Tattoos
- Reverend Darrin L. Hill of Petersburg, Master Barber and Proprietor, Personal Touch Beauty & Barber Salon
- Lonnie Quesenberry*of Tazewell, Retired Teacher and Stylist at Rock, Paper, Scissors Salon
Board of Social Work
- Maria Eugenia del Villar, LCSW* of Fairfax, private practice
- Michael E. Hayter, LCSWof Abingdon, Appalachian Clinical Services
- Dolores Sweeny Paulson, PhD, LCSW* of McLean, private practice
Capitol Square Preservation Council
- The Honorable Robert Brinkof Arlington, Former Senior Legislative Advisor to the Governor and Former Member, Virginia House of Delegates
- Lauranett L. Lee, PhD* of Chesterfield, Visiting Professor, Jepson School of Leadership Studies, University of Richmond
State Executive Council for Children’s Services
- The Honorable Mary W. Biggs*of Blacksburg, Member, Montgomery County Board of Supervisors
- Courtney Gaskins, PhD* of Warrenton, Vice President of Programs, Youth for Tomorrow
- The Honorable Willie T. Greene, Sr.of Galax, Vice Mayor, City of Galax
- The Honorable Catherine M. Hudgins*of Fairfax, Member, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- Morgan Quicke* of Warsaw, County Administrator, County of Richmond
- Amanda Noell Stanleyof Bedford, President and CEO, DePaul Community Resources
- Jessica J. Sternof Glen Allen, Co-Founder & COO, Connect Our Kids
Virginia Interagency Coordinating Council
- Kendall Lamar Lee, EdD* of Kenbridge, System Manager, Infant and Toddler Connection of the Heartland, Longwood University
- The Honorable Debra H. Rodman of Henrico, Member, Virginia House of Delegates
- Submitted by Ofirah Yheskel, Office of the Governor