all interested persons that the City of Salem Planning Commission, at its regular meeting on June 16, 2021, at 7:00 p.m., in the Community Room of the Salem Civic Center, 1001 Roanoke Boulevard, in the City of Salem, Virginia, will hold a public hearing, pursuant to Sections 15.2-2204 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, as amended, to consider the following requests relative to the CODE OF THE CITY OF SALEM, VIRGINIA:
- Consider the request of Bethel Baptist Church, Inc., property owner, for rezoning the property located at 6 Front Avenue (Tax Map # 234-6-2) from RSF Residential Single-Family District to HBD Highway Business District with proffered condition.
- Consider the request of Peter R. Fields and Vivian D. Fields, property owners, for rezoning the property located at 303-305 South Colorado Street (Tax Map # 121-10-4) from RMF Residential Multi-Family to TBD Transitional Business District.
- Consider the request of MCLIP Properties, LLC, property owner, for rezoning the property located at 901 South Colorado Street and 110 7th Street (Tax Map # 184-4-8) from LM Light Manufacturing District to CBD Community Business District.
- Consider the request of Timothy J. Toohig and Lonzie L. Linkous, Jr., property owners, for the issuance of a Special Exception Permit to allow a two-family dwelling on the property located at 335 Roanoke Boulevard (Tax Map # 146 – 1 – 3).
- Consider the request of Total Motion Performance, lessee, and 751 Union Station, LLC, property owner, for the issuance of a Special Exception Permit to allow athletic instruction services on the property located at 773 Union Street (Tax Map # 183 1 1).
Copies of the proposed plans, ordinances or amendments may be examined in the Office of the City Planner, Community Development, 21 South Bruffey Street, Salem, Virginia.
At said hearing, parties in interest and citizens shall have an opportunity to be heard relative to the said requests.
THE PLANNING COMMISSION OF THE
CITY OF SALEM, VIRGINIA
James E. Taliaferro, II