all interested persons that the Council of the City of Salem, at its regular meeting on Monday, January 24, 2022, at 6:30 p.m., in the Community Room of the Salem Civic Center, 1001 Roanoke Boulevard, in the City of Salem, Virginia, will hold a public hearing, pursuant to Sections 15.2-2204 and 15.2-2285 of the Code of Virginia, as amended, to consider approval of the following requests relative to the CODE OF THE CITY OF SALEM, VIRGINIA:
- Consider the request of Scott A. Boggs, property owner, for rezoning the property located at 407 East Burwell Street (Tax Map # 120-1-5) from RB Residential Business District to TBD Transitional Business District.
- Consider the request of Union Plaza, LLC, contract purchaser, and the City of Salem, property owner, for rezoning the property located at 630 Union Street (Tax Map # 160-11-2) from HM Heavy Manufacturing District to HBD Highway Business District.
- Consider the request of 2936 Salem Inc., dba Sunshine Spa and 217 NY Ave Corp, property owner, for the issuance of a Special Exception Permit to allow a massage parlor at 2936 West Main Street
(Tax Map # 210-1-2).
- Consider amending Chapter 106, Zoning, Article IV. Development Standards, Section 106-400 pertaining to site plan review.
- Consider amending Chapter 78, Subdivisions, Article I Generally, Sections 78-103 and 78-105, Article II Administration, 78-201, Article III Definitions, Section 78-300, Article IV Review of Plats, Sections 78-402, 78-403, 78-406, 78-408, 78-416, and 78-421 of the CODE OF THE CITY OF SALEM, VIRGINIA pertaining to the review of subdivision site plans and plats.
Copies of the proposed plans, ordinances or amendments may be examined in the Office of Community Development, 21 South Bruffey Street, Salem, Virginia.
At said hearing, parties in interest and citizens shall have an opportunity to be heard relative to the said requests.
THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SALEM, VIRGINIA
- Robert Light
Clerk of Council