- Roanoke County Woman’s Club evening meeting, 7:30 p.m. in members’ homes. For more information, call (540) 387-1681.
- Practice for the Salem Choral Society, 7-9 p.m. each Tuesday in the choir room of Salem Presbyterian Church, corner of Main and Market streets in downtown Salem. Membership is open to anyone who enjoys singing. For more information, see www.salemchoralsociety.comor contact director Reed Carter at email@example.com.
- Salem Chess Players meet at the Salem Senior Center, 110 Union Street in Salem from 7-11 p.m. Open to anyone 16 years or older. Instruction available.
- Salem Kiwanis Club meets 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
- Glenvar Rotary Club meets 12:15-1:15 p.m. for lunch, cafeteria in Richfield Retirement’s Recovery and Care Center, first floor. Guests welcome.
- Knights of Columbus hosts bingo for charity. Proceeds support local charities including RAM House, Madonna House, the Roanoke Rescue Mission, Saint Francis House, food pantries and various youth projects. Games are played from 5:30-9:30 p.m. at Gator Hall, located at 5301 Williamson Road, near Happy’s Flea Market.
Salem Host Lions Club, 6:30 p.m., dinner and a program, Salem Civic Center.
- Salem Rotary Club meets at noon for lunch, Salem Civic Center.
Salem Farmers Market, 9:30 a.m. until noon, weather permitting. Select vendors will have country sausage, cage-free eggs, grass-fed beef, cage-pasture-raised chicken, homemade rolls, artisan breads, muffins, seasonal greens and more.
The Caregiver Support Ministry of Shiloh Baptist Church meets the third Saturday of each month. Call the church at (540) 389-0409 for more information.
THURSDAY, MARCH 16
FRIDAY, MARCH 17
SATURDAY, MARCH 18
Glenvar Middle and High school along with Cave Spring High School is putting on a production of Beauty and The Beast at 7 p.m. There is a princess parade after the 2 p.m. showing. The location is Glenvar High School Auditorium and the cost is seven bucks for adults and five bucks for students.
SATURDAY, MARCH 25
Green Hill Church of the Brethren, located at 2699 Harborwood Road, Salem, will have a spaghetti dinner with bingo and prizes on March 25, 2017 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Donations will go toward the churches’ 100 year anniversary. Invite a friend, come and eat and have fun. Call (540) 389-5109 for additional information.