Thanksgiving and the holiday season are great times to catch up with relatives and talk with those who you might see occasionally. Lay down the cellphones unless they are being used for picture-taking, recording family activities or interviews with older family members.
Ancestry.com provided a list of 10 questions to ask family members and suggested making place cards with a question on each. Have each guest answer the question on their card or ask another family member the question.
- What were your favorite songs, books, or movies when you were young?
- What were your hobbies as a child or teen? What are they now
- What was your childhood like? Describe your childhood home.
- Why did your parents give you your name?
- What did you do for fun when you were a child? A teenager?
- How did you meet your spouse or significant other? What are your favorite qualities about them?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What makes you the happiest? Has it changed since you were young?
- How has the world changed since you were a child?
- What’s your happiest memory?