Roanoke County Fire and Rescue responded to a report of a residential structure fire at 6:08 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12 in the 1400 block of Skyview Road in the Ft. Lewis area, according to a news release.
Upon arrival, units found a one-story home with fire and smoke coming from the basement door and front door. The home was not occupied at the time of the fire and was undergoing renovations.
The fire was stopped within 20 minutes. The home sustained a partial floor collapse. No injuries were sustained.
A Saturday afternoon update indicated that the Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office found that the cause of the fire was accidental and due to an electrical issue. The fire was estimated to have caused approximately $40,000 worth of damage.
-The Salem Times-Register